Night Force Sneak Peek

Custom figures, dios, art, fan-fic - all go here - all related to Joe.

Moderators: cmderinchief, Nomad, Beach-Head

Night Force Sneak Peek

Postby Werecat » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Hey all,

Here is my Night Force Sneak Peek I did since the Club didn’t give us one in last year’s con set. The original NF Sneak Peek had a black and gray chest and arms, so I decided to use the City Strike Duke torso since it had the same colors. This gave Sneak Peek's base uniform an updated and armored look without being too bulky. (God knows that periscope must really weigh him down.) I then painted the crotch black, and painted in some gray details on his front and back. This was a deliberate decision, as I wanted to keep his lower torso all black to evoke the sense that his chest armor also extended down and around to protect his groin in front, and lower spine and buttocks in the back. Sort'a Colonial Marines-esque armor from Aliens. (Originally I had mixed the green paint to match the back of his pants, but I didn't like the look.)

Since the original version also had the aforementioned almost-neon green pants and knee-high snake boots, I decided to do the same with mine---thus I used the con set Hit & Run legs and knees, and a 25th Viper's boots. I then added a red “lens” on those stupid calipers that originally came on the Lifeline leg to make it look less like a medical instrument and more like a small scale peek-around-the-corner scope that SWAT/ERT guys use. Lastly I gave him Mouse’s head since it’s very generic looking---especially under a helmet.

As for gear, I used a vintage NF Sneak Peek periscope and the modern Lifeline SOPMOD M-4, and I repainted a con Freestyle helmet and also repainted the Jungle Duke backpack all black. This was big and unfortunately bulky, but perfect for holding his periscope. I also used the Jungle Duke flashlight that fits into the backpack (lens painted red), and added a walkie-talkie (screen painted red) to put into his leg holster that was obviously much more compact than the vintage one's radio. I kept on the City Strike Duke belt, as it offered him a back-up sidearm and it had a cell phone---so that was kind’a cool in case his field radio failed. Originally that was it, but then I threw on some Retaliation webgear to make him look a bit more tactical and updated---which I think works very well.

As a finished custom he’s aesthetically linked to his predecessor, but is updated to the modern age with 21st century weapons and gear. The only thing I didn’t keep from the original was the binoculars, but those are easy to add on. He's also very playable due to the limited amount of panting I had to do, so that's a bonus.

Finally, I did a mock-up of a more true-to-the-original Spearhead---something I was just playing around with, and I made Falcon more tactical by giving him the Dollar General repaint Snake Eyes webgear, PoC General Hawk’s pistol belt, and the RoC Shockwave ammo belt. This beefs Falcon up a little more, and it gives him the impression of being properly equipped up for combat which the 25th Cobra Trooper suspenders did not do.

Dullix, ix, ux. Yea, you can't come over Pontio; Pontio is above Pilato. + + +

"Thrill me with your acumen." Dr. Hannibal Lecter, The Silence Of The Lambs.
Werecat
Editor-In-Chief
Editor-In-Chief

Return to Custom City