The Hidden World of G.I.Joe
It is currently Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JDSO UPDATE: Newly discovered Archer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:17 pm 
Booth Staff
Booth Staff

Hey everyone,

Glad to hear people are enjoying the podcast. I wanted to pop in here to make an update. Today something arrived in the mail that is very related to the topic. Itis an Archer with an all new head. Well, I shouldn't say all new. This one utilizes the sculpt from Red Dog, who was included in the Big Bad Toy Store exclusive set. This is a much different color than Red Dog though, so this is no head swap.

Just to keep things as clear as possible, I have included comparison shots to the first Archer figure that was in the podcast (the one with the Adventure Team head). The changes are across the figure and most are very subtle.

The tattoo is now more defined and the arrows that underscore the skull actually have the shaft of the arrow. Originally, it was just the arrowhead and feathers. Now they are full arrows. The green is slightly different on the pants. On this one, the knees are a slight shade off from the paint of the pantlegs (while my first one matched). The backpacks are drastically different on the brown areas. Also, this time the figure seems to be complete. I got the gun and the swords. I guess two swords are better for cutting through the jungle brush than just one. The new one did not include a stand. The flesh tone on the neck is also slightly different.

The differences are clear enough that I can tell that the first one was not just a head swap. But that is also made clear by the sketch that showed an AT logo battling a dinosaur.

Anyway, here are some comparison images:

Post subject: Re: JDSO UPDATE: Newly discovered Archer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:17 pm 

Can you tell if the Adventure team head on the archer is identical to the AT Land figure or the AT commander heads or is it slightly different? Thanks for sharing this is a great story. ,

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:04 pm 

The Red Dog head is better then the AT head, makes him look meaner. Combined with the Zanzibar-head looking guy, I have to wonder if these were meant to be bad guys of some kind.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:28 am 
Booth Staff
Booth Staff

ChicagoScott wrote:
Can you tell if the Adventure team head on the archer is identical to the AT Land figure or the AT commander heads or is it slightly different? Thanks for sharing this is a great story. ,

It looks to be about the same to me. When I first got that one, I wanted to be sure it wasn't just a head swap. And the sketch with an AT member encountering a dinosaur helps a lot. But the word I got back from the seller is that it came that way.