The way ahead

If it's here, it must be important. Please read all new threads in this forum.

Moderators: cmderinchief, Nomad, Beach-Head

The way ahead

Postby Nomad » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:41 am

It's been quiet around here, and that's partially my fault. While it's been hard to get to the site while deployed (still am), I'm finally at least at a location where I can access the board regularly.
First of all, thanks to Gary, Gary, and Mike - you guys have kept the board and Facebook page from complete stagnancy. Much appreciated.

On to the next bit....
Issue #5 (and partially #6) of the magazine is in the planning stages, at least conceptually. Once the staff and I have agreed on the overall thrust of the issue, for the first time (now that we have the forum) we'll be working it partly in public view and with your help. To that end, if you wish to contribute articles, enter for the Collector Spotlight, or simply pitch ideas - you're more than welcome to do so. Remember that the Declassified project is foremost an inclusive endeavor.

On the 2nd point of note, I'm in baaaad need of a website programmer, and I don't mean forum/phpBB stuff. If you have serious/professional chops in this arena, please let me know. I have a few members of the staff who are proficient, but they're already heavily taxed.

On that note, I'll be recruiting additional staff as well as soon as I finish mentally organizing how to proceed with the division of labor. Not much is needed here in the forums, as Mike has it all apparently well in hand, but plenty elsewhere. Specifically, I know I'm going to need a Booth Planning Manager, a PR/Liason rep, and possibly someone with experience in accounting. 2012 should be...big.

Glad to see you guys.

(leave you with some pics...)

Nomad
Joe Declassified
Joe Declassified

Re: The way ahead

Postby topson » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Glad to hear you are doing all right Sam. I look forward to seeing where you take this site. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Chris
topson
Booth Staff
Booth Staff

Re: The way ahead

Postby Nomad » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:55 am

Tanks, Chris. Home can't get here soon enough (just waiting it out now...).
Nomad
Joe Declassified
Joe Declassified

Return to Must-Read