MOTU

Yep - any non-Joe, but generally toy/comic/cartoon related talk goes here.

Moderators: cmderinchief, Nomad, Beach-Head

MOTU

Postby Nomad » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:40 pm

I don't know if anyone else here is doing the whole MOTU classics line, but my wife has been feeding my son a steady diet of He-Man cartoons while I was gone. With the recent sale on Matty Collector, I couldn't pass up the chance to buy him some of the toys; especially since he seems to love the show and shouts while raising his hand above his head occasionally when Prince Adam changes into He-man. I'd say the figures went over well:

Nomad
Joe Declassified
Joe Declassified

Re: MOTU

Postby Crosshair » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Awwwww :)

Is he watching the '80s animated series or the one from the 2000s? I've been watching the 2000s series on YouTube lately. It reminds me a lot of Beast Wars where there's a over-arching story and the entire season works towards it with character building episodes in-between. One of the better animated series I've seen.

And where's that table sheet/mat from?
Crosshair

Postby Nomad » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Crosshair wrote:Awwwww :)

Is he watching the '80s animated series or the one from the 2000s? I've been watching the 2000s series on YouTube lately. It reminds me a lot of Beast Wars where there's a over-arching story and the entire season works towards it with character building episodes in-between. One of the better animated series I've seen.

And where's that table sheet/mat from?

He started with the 80's series while I was gone, and I brought home the 200X series with me - so he's been watching those ever since. The 200X show is FANTASTIC.

The table is project my wife put together - she took pages from about 15-20 comics from both my daughter and I, glued them down, and laid several layers of clear coat over it. It makes breakfast a lot more entertaining. ;)
Nomad
Joe Declassified
Joe Declassified

Postby Shogi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:30 am

What are you doing giving those toys to a child!? Don't you know they're "Adult Collectibles"!? :D

I've cherry picked from the line, in fact, I only have Scareglow and Molar w/ Toothless Skeletor. My wife has a much bigger collection with random characters like Adam & Orko, Teela, Capt. Glenn, She-Ra, Catra. No He-Man, Skeletor or any other main-main characters like that (At least from the He-Man side :) )
Shogi

Postby Crosshair » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:38 am

Nomad wrote:The table is project my wife put together - she took pages from about 15-20 comics from both my daughter and I, glued them down, and laid several layers of clear coat over it. It makes breakfast a lot more entertaining. ;)

That is a great idea. I've got some older comics that are pretty beat up, but they would work nicely for something similar.
Crosshair

Return to Blah, de-blah, blah, blah