Kenner Catalog Scan Archive

This is the spot to offload or pick-up anything that is non-Joe related.

Moderators: cmderinchief, Nomad, Beach-Head

Kenner Catalog Scan Archive

Postby Shogi » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:18 pm

So I've been doing research on a number of Kenner toylines recently and noticed most fan sites would have scans from the kenner catalogs, but it would only be for one toy line, not the whole catalog. So I decided to start scanning in everything from the catalogs I have. I've been sticking to primarily Kenner catalogs but the original idea was multiple toy catalogs, card backs, etc...

Unfortunately, that idea has been scrapped. Unless I decide to pay about $25 a year, the first link will not have any more added to it since I've reached the limit of 200 pictures that a free account provides (I'm not too sure, but I also assume if I don't add or subtract from it for 90 days, it may be completely deleted)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62774254@N08/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63239452@N04/
Shogi

Re: Kenner Catalog Scan Archive

Postby starfighter » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:46 am

Very neat. I used to have all of the M.A.S.K. stuff, The Claw (red version of the truck), some of the Football Starting Lineup figures, a few Nerf Footballs, some of the Tonka construction vehicles & a few Sky Commandos. I loved Kenner and wish that Hasbro would reintroduce some of their properties like M.A.S.K. and the Sky Commandos.
starfighter

Postby r3v3n63 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:42 am

Thanks for putting these up! There are so many toy lines i had forgotten about like Bone age and Shadow Strikers and even ones that I never knew about like the Mask and Bill and Ted. I noticed that the VR Pursuit Jet for the VR Trooper line was an unreleased Aliens vehicle that was suppose to be for the marines, I had no idea till now it had actually been put out just under a different name.
r3v3n63

Postby Shogi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:21 pm

r3v3n63 wrote:Thanks for putting these up! There are so many toy lines i had forgotten about like Bone age and Shadow Strikers and even ones that I never knew about like the Mask and Bill and Ted. I noticed that the VR Pursuit Jet for the VR Trooper line was an unreleased Aliens vehicle that was suppose to be for the marines, I had no idea till now it had actually been put out just under a different name.

Yeah I was always intriqued with that Jet due to it looking like an upscaled/modified Firebat

Shogi

Postby r3v3n63 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:45 am

Shogi wrote:
r3v3n63 wrote:Thanks for putting these up! There are so many toy lines i had forgotten about like Bone age and Shadow Strikers and even ones that I never knew about like the Mask and Bill and Ted. I noticed that the VR Pursuit Jet for the VR Trooper line was an unreleased Aliens vehicle that was suppose to be for the marines, I had no idea till now it had actually been put out just under a different name.

Yeah I was always intriqued with that Jet due to it looking like an upscaled/modified Firebat

Oh, I see you got one! A while ago I was going through one of my girlfriends toy boxes and she has one of the old 90'ish Aliens figs still in its package and on the back it has the pic of that vehicle. After running across it I decided to look for it on EBay to see how much it was going for with no luck. I started looking around on the internet on a general search with no luck. It wasn't until I saw it in the catalog you posted that I realized it had come out at all. I found one for roughly $25 on EBay and while tempted I just couldn't do it. Thanks for the extra pics as it helps with the figure scale.
r3v3n63

Postby Goofateer » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:47 am

Shogi wrote:
Unfortunately, that idea has been scrapped. Unless I decide to pay about $25 a year, the first link will not have any more added to it since I've reached the limit of 200 pictures that a free account provides (I'm not too sure, but I also assume if I don't add or subtract from it for 90 days, it may be completely deleted)

Use Photobucket. Same service, no restrictions. Off hand I don't know if they have a number limit, but I have yet to reach it.

Good idea putting these all in 1 place. Those catalogs are invaluable research tools. I can't say I remember Tomy's Tri-Bots.

Roger
Captain Cosmos Collectibles is back, but this time, in Florida. Follow us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/roger.taft#!/Ca ... llectibles
Goofateer

Postby mizak23 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:23 am

Holy Cow, I had forgotten how awesome toys were back then. I remember me and my friends ripping those catalogs to shreds because wed flip through them so much. I used to plan my whole year out with those things.
Hi, I'm Tim Mizak.
Check out my blog on toys!
http://mizak23.blogspot.com/
mizak23

Return to Those "other" toys