Issue # 6 is now online! Learn more than you ever wanted about Star Brigade, including a checklist of every Star Brigade toy from around the world. Kirk Bozigian guest-writes!
The direct link is
(warning, it’s a large file)
Check it out, and then head to the forum to the and let us know what you think, or ask any questions you have!
As the custom submissions began to come in for our Ultimate Custom Contest, a few things were immediately made clear: First, that some amazing people with top-notch talent had decided to participate. Secondly, that some truly inspiring work can be accomplished in a very short amount of time.
I want to seriously thank all our participants. One of the key hitches in the contest, despite what we feel were some overwhelming prizes, was the fact that the contest winners had to be willing to donate their work. The fact that each of these individuals supported us in such a manner is beyond flattering. I’m pressured to live up to their support.
Thanks as well to our partners-in-crime, Pluv and the gang from Joe Customs, as well as our guest judges – including Hasbro’s own John Warden. While the participants did their best to make sure our judges were drooling over customized eye-candy, our judges lent their time, analysis, and commentary.
Enough from me. You’re here to see some great work.
If you’re entering anything in the Ultimate Custom Contest, your entry must be received by email@example.com by mid-night PST.
Yes, the forums are being a bit wonky. We will let you know as soon as they are back up. Thanks for the patience.
Joe Declassified and Joe Customs have joined together to bring you the ultimate custom contest! Here at Declassified, you know we love the history of the G.I. Joe brand and we love the production process – which leads to your chance to recreate unproduced Joe toys in order to win some pretty swell prizes.
Custom contest rules:
1. Customs may be figures or vehicles.
2. Any customs created for any prior contest, or that have been shown prior on the web are automatically disqualified. Customizers should submit a photo with their entry that shows their construction materials with any dated item (magazine, etc) created after the contest start date.
3. Customs must be of an unfinished Hasbro product (Rocky, for example). Anything that ever existed in any state of design is eligible. Please see the references at the bottom for further inspiration.
4. All entries are due no later than 15April2013.
5. All prize-winning customs become property of Joe Declassified, and will be auctioned off, with proceeds going to help support future Declassified endeavors. If contest winners do not wish to participate in the fundraising process, we will select the next highest rated customs to take their place.
6. No more than 3 custom entries per individual.
7. Entries MUST include real name, any online screen names, city and state of origin. All entry photos should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include no more than 10 photos per entry. Any questions or clarifications of contest rules should be sent to the same email address.
8. All judges and Joe Declassified staff are automatically disbarred from entry.
1st prize: Carded wave 14 Storm Shadow
Issue # 5 is now online! Check out our special Brazil issue, including a checklist of every G.I.Joe action figure produced in Brazil!
The direct link is
(warning, it’s a large file)
Check it out, and then head forum to the and let us know what you think!
JDSO Episode 8 is now up on podbean and ready for your listening enjoyment. Jump on and learn as the crew talks with G. Wayne Miller (author of Toy Wars), discusses some unproduced licensed Joe items (Star Brigade shoes!), and find out the connection between G.I.Joe and X-Force.
Direct link to the episode.
Share your thoughts in the open thread.
Canceled Rise of Cobra 2-packs:
-Zap vs Nano-B.A.T.
-Budo vs Dr. Mindbender
More after the break…
And you thought convention season was over…
The Declassified staff got together this year and decided that it was time to bring more to you, the community. That said, here’s where we’ve set up so far:
Joe Con in New Orleans
Canadian Joe Con
Coil Con in Kokomo, Indiana
Well, we’re not done yet! Declassified founders Sam “Nomad” Damon and Darren Howlett, with staffer Drew “Dryhawk37″ Hagerty will be setting up at the Sacramento Joe and Toy show this weekend, on the 24th of September.
Additionally, Declassified staffers Gary “Gyre-Viper” Head and Josh “roshan” Carlson will be setting up at both the Chicago Toy Show and Assembly Required in Iowa.
If you missed us at any of the prior shows, this is your chance to come see an awesome display and learn bout Joe history!
Recently, an oddity surfaced through the Grey Market in China: a mystery mech. It seemed to be a hybrid of sorts, comprised of parts and aesthetics from both the canceled POC Cobra Minotaur and the canceled POC Mountain Wolf
mechs. Well, thanks to Joe Declassified supporter and hobby lurker Nitro-B.A.T., we get an in-hand look at this oddity along with comparison shots to the 2 canceled mechs. As you can see from the pictures, the oddity mech is
not only a hybrid, but also a mutation. It carries over the frosted canopy of the Mountain Wolf but its camo is not a straight carry over from the Minotaur. In fact, the camo is inverted. Error? Preproduction piece?
Or something else entirely?